On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 02:54:47PM -0400, Paul Farber wrote:
> It's tough to find any binary dist for qmail.... I actually *think* the
> dist of binaries is against his copyrights.

>From <http://cr.yp.to/qmail/dist.html>:

"Exception: You are permitted to distribute a precompiled var-qmail package
if (1) installing the package produces exactly the same /var/qmail hierarchy
as a user would obtain by downloading, compiling, and installing
qmail-1.03.tar.gz, fastforward-0.51.tar.gz, and dot-forward-0.71.tar.gz; (2)
the package behaves correctly, i.e., the same way as normal
qmail+fastforward+dot-forward installations on all other systems; and (3)
the package's creator warrants that he has made a good-faith attempt to
ensure that the package behaves correctly. It is not acceptable to have
qmail working differently on different machines; any variation is a bug. If
there's something about a system (compiler, libraries, kernel, hardware,
whatever) that changes qmail's behavior, then that platform is not
supported, and you are not permitted to distribute binaries."

> Best place to start www.qmail.org.

How true.

/magnus
--