> One other thing now. I want to use multilog to log on
> machines not running supervise, because we just want
> simple set up and I want to be able to parse the log
> files through either qmailanalog or qmail-mrtg (any
> recommendations here?). Is this easy to do?

        Sure, just replace 'splogger' in your qmail-start invocation
(/var/qmail/rc in the INSTALL directions) with the appropriate 'multilog'
line.  qmailanalog won't correctly handle the new timestamps that the newest
multilog uses, but there are ways to work around that - I've attached two
relevant messages.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Ken Jones writes:

 > Does anyone have a patch to qmailanalog to read
 > the new multilog time format?

There's two (2) patches to create a program which accepts multilog
time format (tai64n) and rewrites it into fractional seconds (taifrac)
format.  They're listed on www.qmail.org.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country

Not using the patches from www.qmail.org, but this works for me

Script to convert to a format qmailanalog likes

#!/usr/bin/perl

while (<>) {
  if (my($s,$t,$rest)=/^\@.(\w{15})(\w{8})(.*)/) {
    $s = hex($s);
    $t = hex($t); $t =~ s/500$//;
    $_ = "$s.$t$rest\n";
    }
  } continue {
    print;
  }
exit 0;

Script to process the logs and mail to me

#!/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/qmailanalog/bin:/var/qmail/bin:/bin:/usr/bin
QMAILLOG="/tmp/q.$$"
QMAILTMP="/tmp/r.$$"
umask 077
cat /var/log/qmail/@* > $QMAILTMP
cat /var/log/qmail/current >> $QMAILTMP
cat $QMAILTMP | tai64n2time | matchup > $QMAILLOG 5>/dev/null

DATE=`date +'%a %d %b'`
(echo "To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
echo "From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
echo "Subject: Qmail daily report $DATE"
echo ""
zoverall < $QMAILLOG) | qmail-inject

rm -f $QMAILLOG
rm -f $QMAILTMP

Does anyone have a patch to qmailanalog to read
the new multilog time format?

Ken Jones
inter7