> prashant:

> problem , user can't download their mails from home/user/Maildir
> i have checked the default file permissions it was 644 for all the
> files in /new under Maildir
> if i changes this to 777 then users are able to download the their new
> messages
> users home directory is owned by users only , and ya also 755 for
> Maildir
> please help me guys , should i keep 777 and 755 for /new/* and
> /Maildir

it's not normal to download mail from the destination directory. you
should either forward their mail to them or run your own pop server.
your data indicates that the downloading program wants to delete read
mails or suchlike, in which case these programs would need write access
to the directory.  644 is a highly irregular mode for a private maildir.

clemens