Markus Stumpf wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 01:17:46PM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> > This would block a lot of valid mail as well.  I frequently send mail from
> > a given machine using a different (but valid) envelope sender -- and I will
> > sometimes use my Hotmail address if I am afraid that I might end up on
> > the recipient's mailing list(s).
>
> I know.
> But my alternative in the moment (we do receive at most one legitimite
> email from hotmail.com a month) - as we have now - is to put hotmail.com
> in badmailfrom.

I use ORBS (orbs.org) here and at work, although some people have said it
has too many false positives and other problems (but let's not rehash that
issue, okay folks?)

But I also use my own RBL-style spammer domain, myrbl.com, and feed it
to rblsmtpd its command line.  Then just put the rIP of the offending
machine in the domain, and presto! It's gone.  This allows me to add any
spammer/open relay to the list in a matter of seconds.  (I wrote some
simple python scripts to make it easier - email me if interested).  Also,
with BIND 8, you can have the domain appear only on your mail machine's
nameserver too - so if someone else runs the main nameserver, he/she won't
have to deal with it.

Eric