Hi,

Installed qmail based on instructions in Life With qmail, by Dave
Sill...

Upon starting qmail, I get a looping error as svscan attempts to
acquire these two directories, returning this error:

supervise: fatal: unable to acquire qmail-send/supervise/lock:
temporary failure
supervise: fatal: unable to acuire qmail-smtpd/supervise/lock:
temporary failure

Clifford Thurber suggested that I check the ownership of the
directories and chown them to qmaill.nofiles, but that wasn't the
ticket.

Can anyone suggest a fix? Or even a little insight into what these
locks accomplish...

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to having a stable, secure,
Running, server.
J!M

PS New to qmail, new to Linux, want to dump my NT servers asap.