Adam McKenna wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 05:27:05PM -0700, M.B. wrote:
>> I want to move away from splogger w/o
>> making the full jump (yet) to supervise
>> and other daemontools...
>>
>> here is my qmail rc file:
>>
>> mail1.wlv# more /var/qmail/rc
>> #!/bin/sh
>>
>> # Using splogger to send the log through syslog.
>> # Using qmail-local to deliver messages to ~/Mailbox by default.
>>
>> ulimit -n 1024
>>
>> exec env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:$PATH" \
>> qmail-start ./Maildir/ splogger qmail
>>

>> should i be able to replace splogger w/ a multilog entry? say like:
>> 'multilog t s1000000 /var/log/qmail' instead of the splogger above?
>> would this then write files into /var/log/qmail?
>
>I don't know about the correctness of that line, but before adding it in you
>would also want to add "setuidgid qmaill" before it.

Not true.  qmail-start starts the logger as the log user (qmaill),
eliminating the need for setuidgid (or setuser).

To the original poster: Yes, that will work as you want it to, assuming that
you have created a /var/log/qmail directory with the appropriate permissions
(it should be owned, or at least readable, writable, and searchable, by
qmaill).

Mark

--
Do not reply directly to this e-mail address