I just finished installing qmail today, and I cannot get the test
delivery to confirm. First, I am not sure where to retrieve the mail, if
it is working. Test.recieve works to I enter data, and then I get
 220 kerryb.basicq.com ESMTP
helo dude
250 kerryb.basicq.com
mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
250 ok
data
503 RCPT first (#5.5.1)

If I enter data, I get the following message.
502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)

I followed living with qmail to do the install. Mailbox is referenced
several times, but I see no Mailbox, except in control/defaultdelivery
Where is the mail directory? mbox does not seem to recieve any messages.
I have been using pine to read the mail, but that don't work now. I also
tried mutt with same results.
Below is the file ask for when submitting questions.
qmail home directory: /var/qmail.
user-ext delimiter: -.
paternalism (in decimal): 2.
silent concurrency limit: 120.
subdirectory split: 23.
user ids: 505, 506, 507, 0, 508, 509, 510, 511.
group ids: 506, 507.

badmailfrom: (Default.) Any MAIL FROM is allowed.

bouncefrom: (Default.) Bounce user name is MAILER-DAEMON.

bouncehost: (Default.) Bounce host name is kerryb.basicq.com.

concurrencylocal: (Default.) Local concurrency is 10.

concurrencyremote: (Default.) Remote concurrency is 20.

databytes: (Default.) SMTP DATA limit is 0 bytes.

defaultdomain: Default domain name is basicq.com.

defaulthost: (Default.) Default host name is kerryb.basicq.com.

doublebouncehost: (Default.) 2B recipient host: kerryb.basicq.com.

doublebounceto: (Default.) 2B recipient user: postmaster.

envnoathost: (Default.) Presumed domain name is kerryb.basicq.com.

helohost: (Default.) SMTP client HELO host name is kerryb.basicq.com.

idhost: (Default.) Message-ID host name is kerryb.basicq.com.

localiphost: (Default.) Local IP address becomes kerryb.basicq.com.

locals:
Messages for basicq.com are delivered locally.
Messages for mail.basicq.com are delivered locally.
Messages for kerryb.basicq.com are delivered locally.

I need help, as sendmail is now down, and I'm not sure if qmail is
working or not. ps shows the four qmail 's plus four supervise, svscan
multilog
 9870 pts/7    00:00:00 multilog
tcpserver
11109 pts/7    00:00:00 rc