This is taken from some documentation on fetchmail.  Is there anyway I can
inject things back into Maildir instead of mbox?  (my other solution is to
start hacking the fetchmail source)

Thanks.
Thomas

Ensure the option `envelope Delivered-To:' is in the fetchmail config file.
Ensure you have a localdomains containing 'userdom.dom.com' or
`userhost.dom.com' respectively.
So far this reliably delivers messages to the correct machine of the local
network, to deliver to the correct user the 'mbox-userstr-' prefix must be
stripped off of the user name. This can be done by setting up an alias
within the qmail MTA on each local machine. Simply create a dot-qmail file
called '.qmail-mbox-userstr-default' in the alias directory (normally
/var/qmail/alias) with the contents: