Tony Campisi wrote:

> > no /var/log/qmail/current on my system. Have /var/log/qmail/smtp which
> > is empty.
> So you made this one
> Create the /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/log/run file:
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/local/bin/multilog t
> /var/log/qmail/smtpd
>
> But it *looks* like you didn't make this one.
> Create the /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-send/log/run file:
> #!/bin/sh
> exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/local/bin/multilog t
> /var/log/qmail

No, made that one to. :/
#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/setuidgid qmaill /usr/local/bin/multilog t
/var/log/qmail

> > What reader are you using?
> I use Mutt, but I think the problem lies elsewhere/
>
> > do have .qmail file in my user directory. Are you saying it should not
> >be there? Contents is ./Maildir/
> >| preline /usr/bin/filter
>  >Last line I added for elm??? Could that be the problem?
>
> My ./Maildir/ is in my /var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery file.
> LWQ 2.8.1 -               echo ./Maildir/
Mine is also located in defaultdelivery. Not sure what instruction put
it in .qmail of home directory for user. I had dot-forward, and
fastforward installed on the original installation. Could ahve been used
in them?
> >/var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery
>
> Retrace your steps. I'm sure you'll find the problem.
> tony.campisi
I have been continueing to trace steps, and I noticed I have nothing in
the users directory. Is this where users information should go? I see
qmail-pw2u is used to take info from passwd file, I think. Cannot find
information to execute it. It just hangs when I try with either user
name, or /etc/passwd file.
I'm almost to the point of giving up on qmail. I have spent wat to many
hours since sat of last week trying.