From: James Phillips [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2000 2:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ERR Authorization failed w/qmail-pop

I have setup qmail+qmailadmin with all associated packages.  I have set up a
few accounts via qmailadmin and am able to send messages with out a problem.

Now I want to use pop3 to get messages from qmail.

I have qmail-pop running as I used the example in #12 of INSTALL in vpopmail
package.  I installed checkpassword but I always get -ERR authorization
failed even using a valid password.

I tried accessing the pop server via Outlook Express to verifiy that pop
server is running and it is because it gives me the error:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was
rejected. Account: 'abcd', Server: 'xyz123.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR aack, child crashed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Any help would be appreciated as I am stuck here.

James Phillips

Get free email at http://www.Kidsware.com.  Keeping an Eye on the KIDS
SoftWARE Industry.