Hi everyone,

Anyone know where there's a list of standard MTA bounce messages?  I have
70,000 bounced messages which have been sitting on an imap account and
gathering dust over the past 2 months.  My job: to sort these through and
get an approximate picture of which are fake, which are due to relaying
problems, etc.

I've got a script built which goes through each message and based on the
error, will parse it to an appropriate folder: ie ../delete, ../noaction,
../default, ../investigate, etc.  From there, I'll be building other
scripts to access the DB to delete members if needed and do other cleansing
actions.

I've been manually going through the email messages and see that all MTA's
seem to produce their own type of error messages and I was wondering if
there's a compiled list anywhere (perhaps I missed the right RFC) for the
most popular MTA bounce messages.  This would make life MUCH easier when
doing regex stuff.  Anyway, here's what I've got so far:

To delete:
------------
Invalid User
Sorry, I couldn't find any host named dddffgtdddf.comn. (#5.1.2)
Unknown mailbox
Unable to find alias user!
User xunying711 is not found in Server.
The recipient name is not recognized

No Action
-------------
Quota exceed the hard limit

unclassified
Remote host said: 553 To <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, message blocked.
Remote host said: 550 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Invalid User
Remote host said: 550 <yujielian29>, No such user.

Also, I noticed that every message directed at 21cn.com domain bounces with
the same error: ie message blocked.  What does this signify?

TIA,
Thomas