Nothing wrong with 100% CPU usage.  It just means that the kernel was able to
soak the CPU with work ... which is good.  Maxing out your performance on a RAM
disk at 75% CPU usage means your system has a problem somewhere.

As for performance though, I'd be interested in seeing the actual numbers from
the ramdisk test to check against my 10k RPM disk stats.