John White wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 21, 2000 at 01:33:34PM +0200, Lars Brandi Jensen wrote:
> > I have tried to telnet to port 25 ( telnet 10.1.x.x 25 ) locally and it
> > works fine. I have send and recived mails locally and it works out fine.
> > I have send mails outside my net and it works fine. But to recieve mails
> > from outside isn't working. I have tried to telnet to port 25 from
> > outside and there was no response ( telnet www.my.dk 25 ).
> >
> > Any hint's
>
> www.my.dk doesn't resolve.
>
> If that's not your actual domain, how can we diagnose dns problems?
>
> However, you seem to have narrowed this problem down to a router
> configuration issue.
>
> Find an example of a port which is being successfully forwarded to
> an IP on your lan.  Examine the difference between that configuration
> and your port 25 configuration.
>
> John
Hi,

   The problem seems to be on the network side. From outside, you cannot
route
   the class A network 10.X.X.X.

   If you have a firewall, you can try this :

     1) In your DNS, set entries to your smtp and pop port,
        ex :
         mysmtp   IN MX  myserver
         myserver IN A   <internet address>
         mypop    IN A   <internet address>

     2) in the firewall, NAT <internet address> to the class A
address(10.x.x.x)
        and grant access on ports 25 and 100.

   Now, your server smtp and pop should be visible from Internet at
<internet address>.
   (check carefully to not be an open relay).
   To send mail outside, you should pass through the same <internet
address>.
   Think paranoid mode in tcpserver...

Hope this help!

Excuse my english :o)