Peter van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 11:24:17AM -0400, Paul Jarc wrote:
> > Does QMTP support per-recipient envelope senders for a single copy of
> > a single message?
>
> qmail will happily expand VERP after a message has been entered thru
> SMTP/QMTP.

But does QMTP require servers to do such expansion?  If so, then when
a mailing list server is delivering a message to several subscribers
at a particular host, and the delivery is done over QMTP, a single
copy can be sent with a to-be-expanded VERP.

What I had in mind at first was a protocol that would have multiple
<sender, recipient> tuples per message in the envelope.  This would
also allow a list server to send just a single copy to each host
having subscribers.

paul