Bruce Edge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I want to rely on the dns MX records on the firewall to route mail to the
> qmail server, which is on an internal LAN, with a non Internet routable
> 192.168.1 address.

If you want mail to be able to get in, something that accepts mail has
to be visible to the Internet.  You could do this by putting the qmail
machine outside the firewall, or by using NAT or the like on the
firewall so that SMTP connections to the firewall get redirected to
the qmail machine internally.  But what you've described won't work -
the world sees that, according to your MX records, mail for your
domain should go to a certain host, but then that host can't be
reached from the outside.

paul