> OK, I think I have my firewall masquerading the firewall
> external IP port 25 to the qmail box internal IP port 25
>
> I'm getting connection rejects, when I try to telnet to
> port 25 on the firewall. This should redirect me to port
> 25 on the qmail box, right?

        If your firewall is set up right, it should.  Does your qmail box
accept connections on port 25 at all?  While logged into your qmail box,
type 'telnet localhost 25'.  If you get connection refused, then you aren't
running qmail-smtpd properly.  If your connection is accepted and you get
the SMTP banner, then test the firewall's port 25 again.  If the first
suceeds and the second fails, then the firewall is probably not configured
correctly.

> I'm not sure that it's the qmail box that's causing the
> problem, but is there anything I need to do to allow smtp
> connections from the internet?

        Not on the connection level.  Once you get port 25 responding to the
outside world, you may need to tweak your configuration as far  as rcpthosts
and relaying goes, but first let's get plain old connectivity going.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]