On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 01:01:04PM -0400, Derek Watson wrote:
! . . . I want to try something like this, to achieve a global incoming
! mail filter without using any qmail-queue wrappers or modifications:
!
! qmail-start "|/var/qmail/bin/myfilter |tomaildir $HOME/Maildir" splogger
! qmail

Here I presume that tomaildir takes input from myfilter, not from
qmail-local. If my assumption is wrong, you need to put ``|tomaildir''
on a different line.

You also need to put the whole string in apostrophes, or else the
$HOME in the string will get expanded prematurely.

Try, for size:
        echo '$HOME'
        echo "$HOME"

Cheers,
        ---Chris K.
--
 Chris, the Young One |_ but what's a dropped message between friends?
  Auckland, New Zealand |_ this is UDP, not TCP after all ;) ---John H.