People sometimes visit our office and connect to the office network. They
are able to receive their POP3 mail through the Masquerading on our
server/gateway, which is running linux. If they try to send mail, they
can't because there normal provider-provided smtp server will not accept
mail from our IP address.

Linux IPChains has an option called redirect, which is designed for putting
transparent web caches on networks. Could I use this to trap attempts to go
to an outside mail server, and redirect them to the local qmail, where
there message can be queued and forwarded as normal, or would qmail not
like e-mails that think they are going to another server?

Robert Munro

--
               Robert (Jamie) Munro - IT department
            Viva Network - Helping 'children at risk'