* qmail  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 07:50:09PM -0700, Jacob Scott wrote:

>> I would be interested as well. I can help with IMAP SSL if you need
>> it.
> I would be interested in a bit of help with IMAP and perhaps SSL also

I set up courier IMAP under OpenBSD yesterday. It was a matter of
minutes, really.

> You obviously have good reasons for installing SSL other wise you
> would have not done so.  I would much appreciate to know how important
> SSL is.

That depends on what you think about sending your love letters via
postcard. In short: if you feel confident using telnet instead of ssh,
you will not need TLS.

> I intend to install Courier IMAP with sqwebmail for a webmail server.

I'm running this for my company. Excellent stuff.

> I would also like to know the ports that I am required to keep open in
> our firewall for IMAP to work

grep imap /etc/services
--
Robin S. Socha <http://socha.net/>