Hi All,

Can someone tell why if I create a user account like this :

    ./maildirmake $HOME/Maildir
    echo ./Maildir/ > ~/.qmail

I can send email using the command: echo to: ksmith |
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

However, if I create a user account like this :

    ~ksmith/.qmail-ksmith

I can use the command: echo to: ksmith | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject and I
do receive the test email?

Any ideas?

Also, when I try to send email to the user via my email client on my PC to
the mailserver, it never arrives, yet I never get a return mail sending it
was never delivered, can someone tell if I have installed qmail correctly?

Also, if I am connecting retrieve email from the webserver from my PC, it
goes through port 110, is it possible that the server is blocking port 110
as this is a managed server (ISP does not support qmail) and I recall that
it was somehow setup not to process email, so I thought... if port 110 is
barred, how on Solaris v2.6 do I stop this from happening?

Many thanks,

Kevin Smith