Hello All:

I'm trying to set up qmail-pop3d to pick up mail from the Maildir
directories of users that I've defined on the local qmail host.

For example, I've defined a user, Jim.Morley.  When I send test
msgs to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", the Qmail Mailer-
Daemon returns "Sorry, no mailbox here by that name."

I know that the chkpassword function of qmail-pop3d is working
because I can authenticate and check the always empty contents
of /home/Jim.Morley/Maildir.  The test msgs never make their way
/home/Jim.Morley/Maildir.

I have religiously perused available documentation but have
foolishly missed some important element or two.

The pop3d log msgs don't help much.  They indicate lots of pop3d
activity but don't tell me why test msgs never make it to Maildirs of
my test users.

Do the test users need to be defined under /control/users/assign in
order to have this work?  None of them are listed there, but the FAQ I
used for setting up pop3d didn't mention this?

Thanks for any help.

My /var/service/pop3d/run, /var/service/qmail/run config files and the
results of "ps ax |grep qmail" are attached.

**************The contents of /var/service/pop3d/run:

#!/bin/sh
service=pop3d
. /usr/lib/qmail/run-functions
uid="0"
gid="`id -g qmaild`"
hostname="`hostname`"
readdefault concurrency concurrencypop3d 20
readdefault checkpass checkpassword checkpassword
do_ulimits

exec tcpserver -u "$uid" -g "$gid" -c "$concurrency" -v -R -X \
        -x /etc/tcpcontrol/pop-3.cdb 0 pop-3 \
        qmail-popup "$hostname" \
        $checkpass \
        qmail-pop3d Maildir

***************/var/service/qmail/run contents

#!/bin/sh
. /usr/lib/qmail/run-functions
readdefault aliasempty aliasempty ./Mailbox
make-owners /var/qmail
exec qmail-start "$aliasempty"

*****************Results of  "ps ax |grep qmail" command

[root@netgate qmail]# ps ax |grep qmail
  400 ?        S      0:00 supervise qmail
  820 ?        S      0:00 splogger qmail
  832 ?        S      0:00 qmail-send
  884 ?        S      0:00 qmail-lspawn |dot-forward
  .forward?./Maildir/ 885 ?        S      0:00 qmail-rspawn 886 ?
    S      0:00 qmail-clean
 1007 ?        S      0:01 qmail-remote Ka.scseng.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED] 1452
 1628 pts/0    S      0:00 grep qmail

*************************End of Config info

Jerry R. Keene
Senior Systems Analyst
SCS ENGINEERS
Partners With EPA Through The Landfill Methane Outreach Program

Phone: 703.471.6150
Fax: 703.471.6676
http://www.scsengineers.com