[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Still no success however, but logs did shed a bit of light. Delivery
>errors for my tests have changed from "no mailbox here by that
>name" to "delvery deferred:_dot-forward:_command_not_found".
>
>Is the "dot-forward" a package that I've failed to install, or is my
>config in need of a tweak?"

dot-forward is a separate package that implements Sendmail .forward
file compatibility. It's usually configured into qmail via the
defaultdelivery specification in the qmail-start command line (e.g.,
in /var/qmail/rc). If you need .forward compatibility, install
dot-forward (available from DJB's web/ftp server). If you don't need
it, change the qmail-start command line to specify ./Mailbox or
./Maildir/ and restart qmail.

See also:

  http://Web.InfoAve.Net/~dsill/lwq.html#dot-forward

>Hopefully I'm getting closer?