On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 11:50:27AM +0800, FCP Wong wrote:
> Hi
>
> What am I supposed to see when I run /var/qmail/bin/sendmail from the
> command line?

Nothing except an exit code, just as you do with qmail-inject.

> Even if I just type "sendmail --help", it just carriage returns into the
> next line and hangs there indefinitely...

Yep. It's waiting for an eof, just as qmail-inject does.

> Happens too for every other
> combination of options I tried... qmail-inject works fine doing "echo me |
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject"... sending mail through the qmail server as a
> relay works too...

what happens when you go: echo To: me | /var/qmail/bin/sendmail
?

> Is there any way to know exactly what the sendmail wrapper is capable of
> doing and what options are there for it?

If you want the greatest flexibility, use qmail-inject directly, it
is well documented and well defined. /var/qmail/bin/sendmail is a
compatibility program aimed at people who have code that cannot
be changed.

Regards.