On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 11:04:10AM -0500, tom.sarratt.jr wrote:

[snip...]
> Rights to the .qmail-postmaster file:
>
> access params:        0664
> owner:                alias
> group:                qmail
[snip...]

According to INSTALL.alias, you should create the ~alias/.qmail-XXX
files by touching them. Presumably you *wouldn't* be logged in as alias,
so the owner wouldn't be alias. Maybe that doesn't matter, but upon
inspection, I find all my ~alias/.qmail-XXX files are owned by
root:qmail.

Also, and more importantly, the dot-qmail man page says:

       If .qmail is world-writable or group-writable, qmail-local
       stops and indicates a temporary failure.

Your permissions are group writable. chmod 644 .qmail-postmaster and see
if the delivery works.

Tim
--
Tim Legant