Hi!

I have been alarmed by a posting on linux-kernel that there are several
mail applications and MTA's that emit incorrect date/timestamp values.

I sent a test message using qmail-inject and found that timestamps are
generated using UTC but the correct timezone specification (UTC/GMT/+0000)
is missing. Instead the pseudo suffix -0000 is used which to my limited
knowledge means that the system has no knowledge about it's timezone.

Because mutt is emitting correct timestamps I do not suspect a
misconfiguration of my system.

Tom

Chemists don't die, they just stop to react.
--
  T h o m a s   Z e h e t b a u e r   ( TZ251 )
  PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89

PGP signature