On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 10:53:35PM -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> /var/qmail/bin ->
> > >
> > > This is a truly non-standard qmail install. You are mostly on your own

> Actually it is a standard qmail rpm install.  What else can I say?  I cannot
>  compile without getting errors.  Install wants 2 iforgetnowtheexactname.h
>  files that I can find on the hard drive but locate can't find.

Actually, it's not. A standard install in my book is to download the
sources from a recognized mirror and do a make setup.

>  I will start over and document the steps better.  I cannot compile without
>  getting errors.  I can install the rpms with rpm -ivvh and watch the
>  install.

If the rpms don't work, speak to the people who made the rpm. Mostly you
are dealing with an rpm issue, not a qmail issue.

>  If you know a good resource for a rpm install onto red hat 6.0 that already
>  a 2.2.16 kernel and all security updates up to date let me know.

There are zero security updates to qmail-1.03 - any sort of packaging is a
convenience and in the case of Redhat is possibly more marketing than substance.

Download the sources, do a make setup and be amazed how easily it works.

Regards.