Quoting Jay Balakrishna ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
[...]
> Any help will be appreciated. Any other ideas are also most welcome
> Thanks and Regards,

Wow, Mypoints!

I think Mark is helping admirably with your question, but I will offer
some help myself in another area that Mypoints needs assistance:

I will write a program to collect your bounces and weed the stale
addresses from your mailing lists--because you never do!  I've
complained for a year and a half that you don't--I finally just
firewalled your network at our border router a month ago (phone calls
to mypoints gave me a run-around), yet still I see rejected packets
from your various mail servers.  None of our customers can get to your
web site, so it's unlikely they are signing up (and I assume, hope
rather, that third-parties can't sign them up without you sending
email confirmation, hmm?).

(OK, I'm not really meaning to air dirty laundry, but this is sort of
qmail-related in an abstract way ;-), and like I said their network is
blackholed by us and phone calls have been useless.)

Since mypoints.com sends email with invalid return paths, such as
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]", our mail servers can't _ever_ deliver
bounces back to them, and their administration team seems quite
unwilling to fix it, despite my numerous recommendations to do so.  I
once found around 40 (!!)  bounces queued for various unreachable
mlbx*.mypoints.com servers.  I'll bet this would be a pet peeve for
many of you as well.

The entire world does not run sendmail, nor does the entire world
reject invalid addresses during SMTP negotiation.  Treating the world
like everyone does those things is not very net-friendly.  Not only
that, but I am taking a wild guess that your sendmail MTAs are
starting to break under the load.  If you took some steps to reduce
your outbound mail queues, like removing the large number of invalid
addresses to which you attempt delivery, you may see improved
performance.  (goodness, I can't even imagine how many AOL'ers have
signed up for mypoints and who's mail is now bouncing, could be
thousands and thousands.  We're small and had 40!)

I hope that now, because someone at mypoints.com is asking about qmail
(perhaps even switching outbound mail to use qmail?), they will feel a
little more willing to accomodate those of us who happily use said MTA
on our own servers.  Certainly, if *I* can be of any assistance
personally, please let me know (of course, that would probably depend
on me removing that acl, which I won't without getting some
satisfaction ;-)

regards,

--
Aaron L. Meehan         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
System Administrator    Central Oregon Internet