Are you running qmail-smtpd?

Why don't you paste us a log of your telnet, so we can see what it really looks like?

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Wagner R. Landgraf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 10:31 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Testing sending/receving mail in qmail (cannot establish smtp connection)

Hi

I'm trying to setup qmail in my computer. I followed TEST.deliver doc
and when I try to do local-remote connection qmail says that
cannot_establish_connections_to_SMTP_server (#4.4.1)

Can someone help me?

I also try to follow TEST.receive and when I do telnet 127.0.0.1 25 it
doesn't recognized commands MAIL and RCPT. I've followed the doc (HELO
DUDE, then MAIL
me@domain ) but it says the MAIL is a "command
unrecognized".  I've also tried MAIL FROM, and it doesn't work. Can
someone tell me what is wrong?

Thank you all

P.S.: I use Linux Debian, and I still don't have a domain. I'm trying to install it using IP addresses ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), then after everything is fine I'll move the domain.

Wagner R. Landgraf
Automa Consultoria & Inform=E1tica Ltda.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]