Right, now it works (receive-testing using Telnet).

Now, what about problem number 1? Why does it not connect to smtp?

Is the ./config-fast 192.168.1.20  correct, as I'm using IP numbers?

Thank you

Wagner R. Landgraf
Automa Consultoria & Informática Ltda.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > There are two problems:
> >
> > 1. It cannot SEND mail. I've tried to send an e-mail to an address and
it says cannot_establish_SMTP_connection.

> > 2. The Telnet test described in TEST.receive doesn't work, because here
is what happens (it's not copy and paste, so some words might be wrong:)

> > # telnet 127.0.0.1 25
> > Connected to Telnet
> > > HELO DUDE
> > > ??? ok
> > > MAIL [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > ??? Comand unrecognized
> > > MAIL FROM [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > ??? Comand unrecognized
> > > MAIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > ??? Comand unrecognized
> >
> > and so on. So, it says Command unrecognized.
>
> Yep. It's telling you that you're not using the correct SMTP commands.
It's not
> saying that your installation is broken. The correct command syntax is:
>
> MAIL FROM: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> RCPT TO: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Note how this differs from your commands?
>

> Regards.
>

> > If this doesn't help, I will try to transcribe every word in the telnet.
> >
> > Just for information: running ./config didn't work, because I don't have
a domain name assigned to my IP number. So I used ./config-fast 192.168.1.20
. Will this work?

> > Thank you
> >
> > Wagner R. Landgraf
> > Automa Consultoria & Informática Ltda.
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]

trying to install it using IP addresses ([EMAIL PROTECTED]), then after
everything is fine I'll move the domain.