On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Greg Kopp wrote:

> This may be a bit off-topic (only a little), so forgive the intrusion.
>
> A co-worker is trying to write a perl script to send a mail message with an
> attachment included. I have looked at varius perl modules available at
> www.cpan.org, but the only one listed that has the ability to add
> attachments doesn't work with qmail. Apparently qmail will send multi-line
> Unfortunately, we don't have that kind of time.
>
> Can someone point me in a direction to help him out? None of us are SMTP
> gurus. Has anyone done this before and could possibly give me a few ideas to
> pass along?

RFC1521 explains it quite well.  I used it this morning to put together
some BASE64 attachments.  Somewhere around page 29 is probably what you're
looking for.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.pop4.net
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking