[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

SNIP

> > > and also tell us which IP address you are sending from.
> >
> > 63.105.9.34
>
> Ahhh. Perfect.
>

> > > They are running postfix and it does not like either: the results of a dns query
>on your forward/reverse or of the sender address or perhaps part of what
> > > you're sending in the helo.

SNIP

Just to confirm -- Mark has probably hit the nail on the head with this
one:

root@frodo:~# dig -x 63.105.9.34

; <<>> DiG 8.2 <<>> -x
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      34.9.105.63.in-addr.arpa, type = ANY, class = IN

IMHO, any competent DNS admin should _never_, _ever_ permit _any_
address he is responsible for to be answered NXDOMAIN for a PTR record.
This is just unacceptably sloppy DNS admin. Lots of DNS admins do it,
but then again lots of DNS admins run and like M$ DNS or BIND ;).

Grrrrrr. Incompetent DNS administration at this level really yanks my
chain...

GW