* Jos Okhuijsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [001004 04:33]:
> To be honest: Many years ago i tried to get GNUS up and running, and i
> am still recovering from the dent in my self esteem after giving up.
> It was simply too damm difficult.

It isn't. It just looks that way. Dont forget that Gnus can do more than
all generic Windos MUAs and NRs taken together. It takes some time to
even remotely grap how much can be done - and in which (sometimes
strange) ways it can be done. Being written in Lisp, it can also be
extended to cover additional needs. In short: if you get more than 15
mails per day and intend to participate in public discussion forums,
*don't* use Outlock and at least consider using Gnus.

> But he, i'll give it a try once more, and try to create a workable
> setup for my users. That with a standard install could be a worthwile
> proposition.

Make sure to grab a recent copy (MIME capable without TM):

http://gnus.org/
http://gnus.org/resources.html
ftp://ls6-ftp.cs.uni-dortmund.de/pub/src/emacs/tutorials/
http://socha.net/Gnus/