From: Austad, Jay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: quinta-feira, 5 de outubro de 2000 21:33
To: 'Brett Randall'; Henrique Pantarotto; qmail
Subject: RE: To send 500,000 messages

How personalized are they?  Are you just putting the persons email address
in the body of the message?  the VERH patch for qmail will let you do this.

We use this patch and a concurrency level of 509 and it puts out about
150,000 messages every 15 minutes.  I run DJB dns with 100MB memory reserved
for the cache so the mailservers won't have to wait long for queries.
Overall, I'm really impressed with how fast qmail and djbdns work.  I can
saturate one of our DS3's by just sending out mail.  :)

Jay