Henrique Pantarotto writes:
 > I have a couple of questions:
 >
 > 1) I have searched this mailing-list and I understood that Qmail can
 > handle this demand very nicely, right?  Are those patches for "high
 > load servers" really necessary or is the default qmail distribution
 > (with concurrencyremote set to 100 or something) enough?

Crank your concurrencyremote up as high as you can -- usually 250.
And if your machine is at all capable, it'll still not be at all
loaded, so consider the big-concurrency patch.

 > 2) Whats the best way to send the 500,000 mails?  Send a single
 > message with 500,000 destination addresses or to send 500,000
 > messages, one for each email address?

Actually, neither.  Ten messages with 50,000 addresses.  That way they
each have a separate schedule.

 > 3) If I really need to send 500,000 different messages (for custom
 > text inside the message) to the users, will this stress Qmail or will
 > it handle it okay?

It will stress qmail.  I have a better solution, but it's extremely
expensive.  Send me mail off-list for details.

--
-russ nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  http://russnelson.com | A hate crime makes
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | it illegal to think certain