From: Andy Bradford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2000 2:54 AM
To: Aaron Newcomb
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Bogus MAIL FROM (SPAM)

Thus said "Aaron Newcomb" on Fri, 13 Oct 2000 23:19:48 EDT:

> Notice that the HELO and the MAIL FROM: lines have completely different
> domains. The MAIL FROM they are using is a bogus address. What is the best
> way to prevent email like this from being accepted?

Without some hacking you won't be able to block based on the From:
header, however you can block based on the sender envelope.  See the
man page for qmail-smtpd which specifically references the use of the
badmailfrom control file.

Andy
 12:54am  up 7 days,  4:21,  6 users,  load average: 1.35, 1.33, 1.20