On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 08:45:11PM -0400, Aaron Newcomb wrote:
> Thanks for your advice, Andy. From the documentation I have been able to
> find on badmailfrom I am unable to determine if it will block an entire host
> or just certain senders addresses. I think in my case I need to block any
> mail that originates from a specific host. Otherwise, tomorrow the SPAMers
> may just decide to change the bogus MAIL FROM: address they are using. Can
> you clear this up? Or point me in the right direction?

It's easy to block mail from a specific host. Let's say its IP address is
1.2.3.4.

You can deny the connection in your tcp rules file:

1.2.3.4:deny

Or you can block it with rblsmtpd (even if it's not listed in RSS or ORBS or
whatever you're using) with this in your rules file:

1.2.3.4:allow,"RBLSMTPD=-Go away, fathead!"

What's the IP address of the host that all this spam is coming from?

Chris