On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 09:45:40PM -0400, Peter Green wrote:
>No. A UID and GID is required at compile-time to build the vpopmail package.

What's the reason for doing this?  I presume it's meant to be some sort
of security thing, but I just don't see it.  I mean, you have to go through
extra gyrations to emulate getpwnam.  I had actually gone in and started
building a package and making patches to change this behavior, but
got stalled on that.

Sean
--
 "I'll thrash you like a Netscape process on a machine with 640K."
                 -- John Shipman, 1998