Hi there,

I'll fullquote my until now private conversation with Bruce so you know
what this is about.

Bruce Guenter wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 12:35:27PM +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > However, today I wanted to configure a box that actually uses the
> > bind-iface
> > patch, that is, has a control/bindroutes file, and now, qmail-remote is
> > now constantly
> > segfaulting...
> >
> > Tracking down the problem, your bindroute patch is buggy, it misses a &
> > in the constmap
> > call. I have no idea on how this was introduced into your RPM, since the
> > original patch
> > at  http://qmail.mirrors.Space.Net/local-bind doesn't seem to have that
> > problem.
>
> Crap.  I just released a new version of it yesterday.  Hmmm.  That must
> mean you're the only person using this feature.  Shows how really useful
> it is.  I'll apply the fix to the next release.
>
> So, could you tell me why you need it?
>
> Please followup to the mailing list.

Well, it is a way to bind all outgoing SMTP sessions to a certain IP.
Having multiple services on a single host means that I can give proper
names that resolve properly in the reverse DNS. So I can have
me/helohost
actually matching its reverse DNS name.
So that people trying to read headers don't start crying "forgery" if
the host names do not match (especially since primary IP of that server
may
happen to be from a different domain)

There are several patches on www.qmail.org trying to do this, the one
you have in the RPM is the most flexible one, so it has my vote.

Side note: Could you please stick a README into the RPM detailing which
patches are applied and what they do, ie. how your RPM differs from the
"pristine" QMail ?

Regards,

Mario

Any responses please CC: me, as I am currently not on the list.

--
Mario Lorenz              EMail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                            Tel:   037346 688043