qmail Digest 12 Nov 2000 11:00:01 -0000 Issue 1181

Topics (messages 52020 through 52036):

Re: Backups ??
        52020 by: Alexander Jernejcic

Re: short msg when online
        52021 by: Alexander Jernejcic

Re: re-smtp port
        52022 by: Kiran
        52025 by: Kiran

Maildir -- does it work with QPopper (Qualcomm POP3 server)
        52023 by: Aleksander Rozman - Andy
        52027 by: Nathan J. Mehl

Re: Setup Problem  & Life With Qmail
        52024 by: Timothy Legant

Re: relay-ctrl does not work
        52026 by: Tetsu Ushijima
        52028 by: Oliver Lehmann

Wanting to move the qmail queue.
        52029 by: Mark Thomas (Tech14)

Re: Courier
        52030 by: Matt Harrington

Script for sending mails to the owners of the accounts
        52031 by: ravivr.hughes-ecomm.com

Concurrency of qmail-command
        52032 by: Ellen Spertus

Re: very slow delivery
        52033 by: Jesse Reynolds
        52034 by: Timothy Legant

perl script acting funny
        52035 by: Greg Kopp
        52036 by: Russ Allbery

Administrivia:

To unsubscribe from the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To subscribe to the digest, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To bug my human owner, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To post to the list, e-mail:
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

hi,
Dennis wrote:
> How do you backup your users email ?
you could have a look at http://www.amanda.org . nice
network backup tool with features i do apreciate (backup multiple
clients cross networks, tape cycles, AFAIK no gui)

bye
Alexander

hi,
what about a little perl-script?
just a quick proposal:

open(QJT, "| /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -f jakubski\@poczta.arena.pl")
  or die ("oops error ...\n");
print QJT "To: Your\@Friend.dom\n";
print QJT "From: Me <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>\n",
              "Subject: I am Online\n",
              "\n",
              "chat with me... ";
close QJT;

let sort of this run from the script that takes you online...

hope that helps
Alexander

Hi,
Thanks for that info. I was able to telnet to the particular port after
adding the lines in inetd.conf.

After this i was able to place the scripts etc for starting qmail
automatically while booting. While installing the ucspi-tcp package i
reliased that scripts for starting this were not avaliable . Could u giude
as to where to get these?

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Kiran

Date: 9 Nov 2000 20:20:12 -0000
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Thank you

Any ideas what could be causing this and any possible solutions?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Kopp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have qmail and vpopmail installed on RH 6.2. I have a perl subroutine that
> we use to send e-mail. Here is the code snipit:

> sub mailto
> {  $mailprog = '/usr/lib/sendmail';
>    open(MAIL,"|$mailprog -t");
>    my @args = @_;
>    print MAIL "To: $args[0]\n";
>    print MAIL "Bcc: $args[4]\n";
>    print MAIL "From: $args[1]\n";
>    print MAIL "Subject: $args[2]\n";
>    print MAIL "$args[3]\n";
>    close MAIL;
> }

> BUT when a mail message gets bounced, the message comes back to the user
> that the web server is running as.

Bounces go back to the envelope sender.  If you want to change the
envelope sender, pass the -f option to the sendmail emulation program, as
in:

    /usr/lib/sendmail -t -f [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>