Neil Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> went through Dave Sill's "Life with qmail"  and have ended up with a very
> non working qmail system
[...]
> also
> what has happened to the dates - the tests on dates in daemontools worked?

The dates are in TAI64N format.  Pipe the log through `tai64nlocal` to convert
them to human-readable format.

> when I try to get my mail via pop3 there are no errors
> on an inject (1st one in test.deliver) I get:

> @400000003a22b79f011ff0e4 starting delivery 4: msg 99187 to local
> 'cat_/var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery'@.....
> @400000003a22b79f01228cdc status: local 1/10 remote 0/20
> @400000003a22b79f012724a4 end msg 99190
> @400000003a22b79f01ab2d6c delivery 4: failure:
> Sorry,_no_mailbox_here_by_that_name._(#5.1.1)/
>
> whats have I missed?

I don't actually use Dave Sill's setup, but I would guess that in your
qmail rc/startup script, you have put single quotes where there should be
backticks (i.e. "`") -- therefore, instead of using the _contents_ of
/var/qmail/control/defaultdelivery for the default delivery argument to
qmail-start, you're using that garbage above.

Charles