Chris Johnson wrote:

> There's no such thing as "the" line in the startup script relating to ORBS, and
> nobody has any idea what your particular startup line looked like before or
> what it looks like now.

OK.  I assumed that all installations of qmail used this.  I'm running a
Corel Server Version (Debian) Linux box and qmail 1.03 came with the
distribution.  This is a fresh install and the script has not been
modified.  The startup script is /etc/init.d/qmail   Here's a copy of
the startup script for your review.
--
Chris
****************************

if [ -f /var/qmail/control/qmail_environment ]; then
        /var/qmail/control/qmail_environment
fi
QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
QMAILDGID=`id -g qmaild`

case "$1" in
        start)
echo -n "Starting qmail: qmail-send"
csh -cf '/var/qmail/rc &'

killall  supervise > /dev/null
killall  tcpserver > /dev/null
supervise /var/lock/qmail-smtpd tcpserver -v -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb
-u$QMAILDUID -g$QMAILDGID 0 25 \
rblsmtpd -rrelays.orbs.org /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1 | setuser
qmaill accustamp | \
setuser qmaill cyclog -s5000000 -n5 /var/log/qmail/qmail-smtpd &

echo  "."
        ;;
stop)
echo -n "Stopping mail-transfer agent: qmail"
killall -TERM qmail-send

echo "."
        ;;
restart)
        $0 stop
        $0 start
        ;;
reload|force-reload)
echo "Reloading 'locals' and 'virtualdomains' control files."
killall -HUP qmail-send
        ;;
*)
echo 'Usage: /etc/init.d/qmail {start|stop|restart|reload}'
exit 1
esac
exit 0