Am Mittwoch, 29. November 2000 04:48 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> I admin quite a large mail server that is currently running
> sendmail/qpopper, it has about 60000 accounts on it currently.  I know
> that UNIX has a limit on the UID's of 65534, any file that has a UID
> higher than that number defaults back to UID0..
> I hoped to solve this problem by upgrading to Qmail+its popper program
> and use MySQL to authenicate both.  I would move (via long scripts and
> perl :) /var/spool/mail/<uname> to hashed home directories
> /var/spool/mail/a/a<uname>, /var/spool/mail/b/b<uname>, etc, etc.. to
> get rid of that nasty problem when a unix file system as too many
> files/directories in one main directory.

You should have a look to qmail-ldap, it's designed for such environments.
You should also consider upgrading to maildirs instead of mailboxes, it's
really worth the work.
qmail-ldap runs great, really fast and rock-solid. Builtin cluster support
might be interesting too... oh, quota support is also builtin ;-))
url is http://diehard.n-r-g.com . Documentation is a bit poor at the moment,
but this may be solved soon ;-)).

--

Henning Brauer         |  BS Web Services
Hostmaster BSWS      |  Roedingsmarkt 14