From: Jamin Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 10:22 AM
To: 'Henning Brauer'; Jamin Collins; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: List Courtesy (was Newbie question)

Since you've asked, my problem with your posting specifically is as follows:

>Suresh, for first writing such nonsens to the list and asking me for help
>off
>list does not fit together. before asking other busy people for help (it is

>no paid support staff here, we all have our work to do!), you should

There is no need to refer to his posting as "such nonsense".  Additionally,
there is no call/need for the statement about "busy people".  I believe it
is well known that people read this list on their time and any answer is
essentially a donation from their time.  However, conversely, no one is
forced to read or answer these postings.  Everyone (to my knowledge) does
this of their own free will.  As such, asking for help (whether on the right
list or not) is in no way wrong.  Berating someone for doing so is rude.

I'm glad your installation went so smoothly.  However, many other's do not.
I'm sure that many of these come down to simply syntax errors.  I will admit
that I had a few in my first installations.  These would have been easily
corrected by another set of eyes.  However, due to the repeatedly rude and
snappy reply's from this list, I did not post concerning my initial
problems.

As for the statement you claim I made "the docs are all so bad because i
couldn't install qmail with
them", I did not say this.  I simply stated that I was unsuccessfull in my
attempts to install qmail using them.  I did not state they were bad, I even
stated that I was sure they would be of help if I were to use them at my
current point.  In short, I believe they may be a little lacking when it
comes to helping someone completely new to qmail.  This may not be the case
of all new users, but it is the case for at least a few.

Jamin W. Collins