Andy Bradford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] writes:
>     - Be brief without being overly terse.  When replying to
> a message,
>       include enough original material to be understood but
> no more. It
>       is extremely bad form to simply reply to a message by including
>       all the previous message: edit out all the irrelevant material.
>
> * Did you do this?

Originally, no.  Have I been since it was pointed out? Yes. Sorry for the
error on my part there.  However, that was not one of the items in the list
you quoted.

>     - Do not include control characters or non-ASCII attachments in
>       messages unless they are MIME attachments or unless your mailer
>       encodes these.  If you send encoded messages make sure the
>       recipient can decode them.
>
> * Are you 100% certain that everyone on the list can read your goofy
> windows font/content-type

I must admit that I can not guarantee that everyone on this list can read
it, but I dare say that you or anyone else out there would be hard pressed
to be 100% certain that everyone could read their messages.  As for the
character set, it is a modified version of ISO-8859-1.  I would be
interested to know how many people on this list do have problems reading it
(please e-mail me privately).

>     - Wait overnight to send emotional responses to messages.  If you
>       have really strong feelings about a subject, indicate it via
>       FLAME ON/OFF enclosures.  For example:
>       FLAME ON:  This type of argument is not worth the bandwidth
>                  it takes to send it.  It's illogical and poorly
>                  reasoned.  The rest of the world agrees with me.
>       FLAME OFF
>
> * Is not your original post based on emotional response to someone
> elses?  Just because they respond emotionally, does that justify your
> ignorance of the same?

My original posting could be consider emotional.  However, it was not a spur
of the moment response.  I have watch the rude responses to questions on
this list for quite some time.  This is not the only list that I'm
subscribed to, it does however have more rude responses than any of the
others I'm subscribed to.

>     - A good rule of thumb:  Be conservative in what you send and
>       liberal in what you receive.  You should not send
> heated messages
>       (we call these "flames") even if you are provoked.  On the other
>       hand, you shouldn't be surprised if you get flamed and it's
>       prudent not to respond to flames.
>
> * No comment.

Only one person here has been flaming IMHO, no need to mention names.

Thank you for your kind and informative response.

Jamin W. Collins