Roger Arnold wrote:

Sorry if these are stupid questions or is already covered in a how-to,
if it is perhaps someone can point me to it please.

 I need to know is how to setup qmail to work with multiple servers with
a mix of IP and Name based virtual domains on 2 or more servers i.e.:

Server 1, is a nameserver as well as hosting some IP based virtual
domains, it is also the gateway between the www and the local LAN where
the other servers are.

Server 2, is also a nameserver as well as hosting name based virtual
domains

Server 3 just hosts name based virtual domains

Qmail is installed on each and all servers (with the intention of adding
vpopmail & SqWebMail).

What I need to know is how to setup Qmail (and vpopmail) on each server
to handle the virtual domains on that server and pass the mail forward
and back through Server 1 ?

Do I simply set the MX of the domain to the server that the virtual
domain is on and setup qmail on each server as though it was the only
server on the network ? if so how should I configure each server?

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Roger