[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes on 20 December 2000 at 16:29:07
GMT

 > I have qmail working by using Sill's LWQ, but I don't understand
 > how the programs qmail-send and qmail-smtp are linked to the
 > multilog program.  I see that they are both started independently
 > and that multilog accepts input in STDIN, but I don't see how
 > qmail-* knows about multilog and knows to send to its STDIN.

LWQ is recommending a setup where qmail-send and tcpserver are both
run under supervise, which in turn is under control of svscan, am I
remembering this right?

In that scenario, svscan recognizes the need for a second supervise to
do logging by the presence of the 't' bit in the directory permissions
on the directory for the service.

 > Further adding to my confusion is the line in section 2.9 "Note
 > that using these instructions, logging will be accomplished by
 > multilog, not splogger".  My /var/qmail/rc file (from LWQ)states
 > 'qmail-start ./Maildir splogger qmail'.  That tells me that
 > splogger is being used.

 > Can someone please describe the link for me?  Why does LWQ say to
 > put splogger on qmail-start command line if it does not even get
 > used?

I'm not sure; is this perhaps vestigial, or to cover the possibility
that something will emit output even though it's not expected?
--
David Dyer-Bennet      /      Welcome to the future!      /      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SF: http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/          Minicon: http://www.mnstf.org/minicon/