Brett Randall wrote:

> how to intercept mail that our users send through our mail server,
> check the size of the mail, and if it exceeds a certain size (say,
> 5mb), then it relays the mail to another qmail relay, otherwise the
> current relay treats it as normal outgoing e-mail.
>
> Does anyone have ideas as to how I would implement this? TIA

you could alter your qmail-remote, to connect to your peer that uses
the alternate interface instead of the proper destination, when the
size is too big.  Sort of like the hack to defer when a message is
too big but instead of deferring the peer-address is changed.

For a starting point here is how to find the file size of the message
within qmail-remote.c

 #include <sys/stat.h>
 int instat;
 fstat( ssin.fd, &instat);

--
                           David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                Today in art class, draw your sword