David Benfell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 02, 2001 at 10:12:43PM -0500, Russell Nelson wrote:
> > You also need to have an MX record with priority 12801
> > pointing to the host running qmtp.  Right now, you only have
> > parts-unknown.org.      1D IN MX        0 mx.parts-unknown.org.
> >
> Ouch.  Now I venture off topic for the qmail list (hence the
> cross-post) because I use djbdns without understanding it.  How does
> one set mx priorities with djbdns?

        Use the 4th field of the MX record data line ("dist") as described
at http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/tinydns-data.html:

]     @fqdn:ip:x:dist:ttl:timestamp
]
] Mail exchanger for fqdn. tinydns-data creates an MX
] record showing x.mx.fqdn as a mail exchanger for fqdn
] at distance dist, and an A record showing ip as the
] IP address of x.mx.fqdn. You may omit dist; the default
] distance is 0.

--
        gowen -- Greg Owen -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              SoftLock.com is now DigitalGoods!