Ould <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Oui...s'il vous plait! I wont to use now IMAP instead of
>POP3 or using both (I want to let this choice to the end
>client, but want to setup the two possiblity on my server).

As long as both servers (POP3 and IMAP) use the same mailboxes (format
and location), you can use them interchangably. If you're using
qmail-pop3d, then courier-imap would be a good, compatible IMAP
server.

>Yes I'm using exactly LWQ, the only things I added to
>/etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail script are :
>
>/usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -u 501 -g 500 0 smtpd
>/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd \
>2>&1 | /var/qmail/bin/splogger smtpd 3 &
>echo $! > /var/lock/subsys/qmail-smtpd
>/usr/local/bin/tcpserver 0 pop-3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup
>    mymachine.mydomaine \
>/bin/checkpassword      /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d
>Maildir &
>echo $! > /var/lock/subsys/qmail-pop3d
>
>in the start part, and those of stop one. But, it is
>mentionned elsewere in the LWQ DOC to add these lines.

No. LWQ uses /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run to start the SMTP
service. And if you're adding POP3 service to an LWQ installation, the
*right* thing to do is set up a /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-pop3d
hierarchy based closely on the qmail-smtpd hierarchy--although LWQ
doesn't currently tell you how to do this.

And LWQ doesn't use splogger for any logging.

To add IMAP service to an LWQ installation, install the IMAP server
according to its instructions. You could try to LWQify the IMAP
installation, but it's not necessary--and not recommended if you're
likely to botch your LWQ in the process.

-Dave