Hi,

I have to solve a special mail routing problem. Hope anyone can give som

remarks about the way I planned to setup this config:

Setup of a special mail-relayer (MR) for a bunch of domains:

mail from cust.mailserv -------->  MR  ---------> dest-mx
                                  | ^
                                  | |
                                  V |
                             MAILPROCESSOR

mail to cust.domain ------------>  MR  ----------> cust.postoffice
                                  |  ^
                                  |  |
                                  V  |
                             MAILPROCESSOR

So all mail to and from a couple of mail-domains has to be routed via MR

to MAILPROCESSOR (Virusscanning, other processing)

So I have to set my smtproutes on MR depending on the initiator of the
smtp conversation to MR.

I plan to configure MR as follows:

cust.domain MX:  MR
run two copies of qmail: one that is listing only to MAILPROCESSOR to
accept SMTP conv's, and another that handles all other incoming SMTP
conv's.

As there is are no two different processes that can bind to port 25, I
should run one process on another port, say 2500.

Via low level ip filtering (IPCHAINS), I can redirect all traffic that
comes from MAILPROCESSOR to the qmail process sitting on port 2500.

This way, I can have two qmail-configs, one to route msgs to
MAILPROCESSOR, and another to route the rest.

Does anyone has an idea for other, or better solutions to solve this
problem?
(on one MR-host).

Lieven